Monterey County Health Department Tobacco Control Program
Tobacco Control Program: The overall goal of the Tobacco Control Program of the Monterey County Health Department is to reduce tobacco use and influence social norms towards a tobacco-free Monterey County by partnering with local youth groups, voluntary health organizations, and non-profit agencies. The Coalition for a Tobacco-Free Monterey County, Monterey County Traffic Safety Coalition and Sunrise House Prevention recently merged to create Monterey County Collaborates.
Monterey County Collaborates envisions a Monterey County where youth are safe and become leaders that facilitate healthy choices.
- Over 842 apartment units are covered by a voluntary smoke free policy.
- County of Monterey and the City of Carmel adopted Tobacco Retail License Ordinances to reduce youth access to tobacco.
- Banned smoking along Rec Trail and Wharf in Monterey
- Banned smoking along Rec Trail in Pacific Grove
- Banned smoking in Carmel Parks and Beach and Forest Theatre.