Public Information Office
Public Information Officer
Associate Public Information Officer
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), information about and individual client/patient is protected.
Under HIPAA, the following activities require prior written authorization from a client/patient:
- Issuing a statement regarding the nature of the client/patient’s injuries or illness, treatments or prognosis
- Photographing or videotaping clients/patients
- Interviewing clients/patients
For more information about reporting the release of information concerning deaths, epidemics or emerging diseases visit the Association of Health Care Journalists website.
Recommendations for reporting on suicide
Suicide is a public health issue. Media and online coverage of suicide should be informed by using best practices. Some suicide deaths may be newsworthy. However, the way media covers suicide can influence behavior negatively by contributing to contagion or positively by encouraging help-seeking.
Suicide Contagion or “Copycat Suicide” occurs when one or more suicides are reported in a way that contributes to another suicide.
Click here to read Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide.
MONTEREY COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL PROGRAM ADVISORY BOARD
Meeting Announcement and Agenda
Wednesday May 29, 2013 – 3:30-5:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Services Center
160 Hitchcock Road, Salinas CA 93906
I. CALL TO ORDER
B. Approval of the March 14, 2013 Meeting Minutes
II. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS
Any member of the public may address the Advisory Board for a period not to exceed three minutes on any issue not on the Advisory Board’s agenda. The Animal Control Program Advisory Board will listen to all communications but may not take any action.
III. CORRESPONDENCE - None
IV. REPORTS (3:45-4:25)
- Report by Animal Services Operations Manager on veterinarian recruitment
V. OLD BUSINESS (4:25-4:45)
- Discussion and Recommendation: Review and update of Bylaws of the Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board subcommittee
- Discussion and Recommendation: Possible development of a mandatory spay and neuter policy
- Discussion and Recommendation of 2012 - 13 Animal Services Budget End of Year Update of 2012/13 Animal Services budget
- Discussion and Recommendation of Spay and Neuter ordinance
VI. NEW BUSINESS (4:45-4:55)
- Discussion and Recommendation: Discussion and review of drafting board report and potential board dates
- Discussion and Recommendation: 2013-2014 ACPAB meeting dates (8/22/13, 11/21/13, 2/20/14, 5/22/14)
VII. GOOD OF THE ORDER, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND ADJOURNMENT
- Discussion & Recommendation: Meeting Schedule - Next Meeting August 22, 2013
- Discussion & Recommendation: Meeting Location:160 Hitchcock Road, Salinas CA 93906