A permit must be obtained from Environmental Health prior to the construction of a desalination treatment facility, and an annual permit must be obtained from Environmental Health prior to the operation of a desalination treatment facility.
The application package to construct and operate a desalination treatment facility consists of:
- Completed Application
- Application Fee
- Initial Technical, Managerial and Financial (TMF) capacity documentation consisting of:
- Conceptual design plan
- Preliminary feasibility study
- Identification of the public entity that will own and operate the completed project, and documentation of its ability to do so
- Detailed plans for disposal of brine and other by-products of operation, with evidence of preliminary approval from appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Chemical analysis of seawater at intake source, per standards in the current ocean plan as per California State Water Resources Control Board and US Environmental Protection Agency, or if groundwater, per the Director of Environmental Health.
- If source is groundwater, a study on the potential site impacts which would be caused by groundwater extraction.
Monterey County Health Department
Division Of Environmental Health
1270 Natividad Road, Suite 109
Salinas Ca 93906-3198
|1||Application for Permits to Construct and Operate a Desalination Treatment Facility|