The Health Department and Natividad Medical Center conducted community meetings during the first quarter of 2011 to obtain community input on four health-related topics.
Community feedback is currently being summarized and will be used in the development of the Monterey County Health Department’s Strategic Plan for 2011-2014.
Click here for the presentation provided to community groups. For the Spanish version, click here. And, click here for the presentation given to government and business groups.
At the end of the presentation, meeting attendees are asked for their input on needs in their communities on the four health-elated topics.
The topics were
- Access to Care (Can you get medical care?)
- Nutrition & Exercise
- Safety (intentional and unintentional injuries)
- Child & Teen Health
The questions asked for each topic were
- What are the top strengths or resources in your community related to each need?
- What are the top challenges or concerns in your community related to each need?
- What changes do you recommend that we do to better address these needs?