Environmental Health Bureau oversight of monitoring well and soil boring construction and destruction is required to ensure protection of our valuable groundwater resources. Improperly constructed wells and improperly destroyed wells and soil borings can act as conduits for contamination to move from surface and sub-surface into the groundwater. Therefore, all monitoring wells and soil borings must be constructed and destroyed under permit from the Monterey County Environmental Health Bureau.
Installation of soil borings or monitoring wells at locations with known or suspected contamination requires submission of a site mitigation work plan, site safety plan and fee. Please see current fee schedule for monitoring well and soil boring permit fees.
Forms and Worksheets:
- Monitoring Well Permit Application
- Monitoring Well Permit Application Procedures
- Soil Boring Permit Application
- Soil Boring Permit Application Procedures
- Monitoring Well And Soil Boring Destruction Procedures
California Well Standard Bulletins
- Bulletin 74-81 – Water Well Standards
- Bulletin 74-90 – Water Well , Monitoring Well and Cathodic Protection Well Standards