is a statewide web-based system to support California Unified Program Agencies (CUPAs) and Participating Agencies (PAs) in electronically collecting and reporting various hazardous materials-related data such as:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
- Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Onsite Treatment
- Hazardous Waste Tank Closures
- Remote Waste Consolidation
- Recyclable Materials Reports
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Aboveground petroleum storage over 1,320 gallons (APSA/SPCC)
Monterey County Environmental Health Bureau (EHB) is requesting all regulated facilities to submit their various hazardous materials-related data to the CERS database.
- If you currently are regulated by EHB CUPA, we have pre-populated some of your existing facility information into CERS and it is available to you through the CERS Business Portal.
- Most of our business users will only need to create a CERS account containing a user name and password.
- EHB staff is also available by appointment to assist business users in establishing a user account in CERS.
- For newly regulated businesses a new CERS facility will need to be created by going to CERS website.