Animal Services Division protects, promotes and enhances the health, safety and quality of life for companion animals and other abandoned animals, as well as for the people of Monterey County. Animal Services staff provides animal control services (field services) and animal shelter services in the unincorporated areas of the County and contracting jurisdictions.
Animal Services houses about 4,500 animals annually. These animals, mostly dogs and cats, have been brought in from the unincorporated areas of Monterey County or the cities of Carmel, Greenfield, and Sand City.
Follow the links below for details about Animal Services programs and services. Click here for a downloadable brochure that summarizes Animal Services programs and services.
Hours of Operation:
- Administration: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Licensing: Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Adoptions, Reclamation & Visiting Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Appointments can be made for Monday reclamations.)
- Field Services/Animal Control: Monday - Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- On-Call for after hours emergency services
MONTEREY COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL PROGRAM ADVISORY BOARD
Thursday, December 12, 2013 – 3:30-5:00 PM